Saturday, September 1, 2012

TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL

It's finally time for the  I am writing this on my plane to Brussels where I will connect to Florence. I have been planning this trip for a year and it is HERE!! I am so excited! Packing was CRAZY!! I’m still not sure how I managed to fir so many clothes, accessories and many many more things into a checked bag and a carry on. Holla! I feel qualified to call myself a packing pro at this point. When I checked into my flight, my bag was 5 pounds over the limit. My parents helped me redistribute the weight and I was convinced that my carry on would not fir into the overhead bins on my flights. But the best news I got all day- there was no overhead room left on my first flight and so they had to check to my ridiculously heavy carry on all the way to Florence! Needless to say, I wasn’t too upset ;)
-->

My first flight was rather uneventful. I landed in Philadelphia (which is a rather gross and outdated airport) and grabbed a quick lunch/dinner. On my current flight, I found an adorable Indian family sitting all the way across my row and in my seat. After about 10 minutes of shuffling around and my super heavy backpack killing my shoulders, I was seated next to a cool couple who speaks mostly French. They gave it a shot with English though! They seem very kind. I feel like this will be me for the first few weeks in Italy. Thankfully I have had a year of Italian in college. A lot of people on the trip are going in without knowing ANY Italian!

I am excited about pretty much everything…. I am SO excited for the culinary delights that await me. Pizza and pasta, fresh mozzarella, gelato, Italian coffee and so many more things that I’m sure I still have to discover. I am thrilled to be living with two really sweet girls from Baylor and two I have yet to meet. I am excited to explore the city and see the hidden treasures it has to offer, as well as the rest of Italy! And of course, travelling through the rest of Europe. If only I had more time to go everywhere I would like to! Well if you have read this far you must really love me! I will try to post often. Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment