Sunday, November 11, 2012

VFNO

Each year, Vogue hosts this fantastic, fashion-inspired night in cities across the world. VFNO epitomizes style and glamour as stars, designers, fashion insiders and us regular folk don our most elegant outfits and take to the streets to [window] shop and sip fancy cocktails. Vogue hosts this event to bring people into the stores and spark an interest in the fashion scene. The industry receives this boost of attention right as the Spring lines hit Fashion Week. This year, the privileged residents of cities from Firenze to Paris, Sydney to Milan, and New York to Hong Kong experienced this night in all its glamour. The doors to most exclusive and luxurious stores in Firenze were thrown open and all beautiful people wandering the streets were invited in with glasses of champagne and promises of goodies to come! I wore a black silk and jersey tie-waist dress with lace detailing at the top from Ann Taylor Loft, nude Corso Como pumps and jewelry from various stores and roommates. I spent the night flitting from store to store, soaking in the atmosphere and drinking bubbly with my wonderful rooms. We met up with other friends along the way and enjoyed ourselves so much! My favorite experience were
Meeting a man in Armani who almost didn’t believe we were American because we were too stylish (AKA best compliment ever) and talking about the fashion industry.
1. The special VFNO cocktails at Fendi. 
2. The editor of Vogue Italia visiting Luisa Via Roma.
3. The best people watching of my life.
4. We ended the night with a dolce at the Roberto Cavalli caffe.
We live on one of the premiere shopping streets of Firenze (Gucci is our neighbor!) so we heard the party going on late into the night! I had a bit of a Cinderella complex the next morning. My shining dress and enchanting carriage were gone as I looked at my window and saw every trace of the night before cleaned and put away already. I was left only with the memories of something magical. I was a night I will never forget. Until next time, VFNO!






Also, Hannah and I decided we missed our calling as models.



No comments:

Post a Comment